Home / Cowboys / NFC Notes: Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
NFC Notes: Cowboys, Lions, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
- Todd Archer would go with Georgia RB Todd Gurley if he was the Cowboys, but admits that it would come down to his health.
- Archer adds that Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon would be a “solid fit” for the Cowboys’ offense.
- According to Archer, if the Cowboys re-sign Rolando McClain, they would likely move Sean Lee to weak side linebacker.
- Archer mentions that he’s not sure if the Cowboys will be willing to meet his asking price.
- Archer doesn’t think it would be crazy for the Cowboys to grab a right tackle in round one of the draft, even if they keep Doug Free or Jermey Parnell.
- Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Packers ILB A.J. Hawk had surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle after the season and will miss six weeks.
- According to Silverstein’s source, Hawk was in a great deal of pain during the season, but refused to complain about the injury and wants to play next season.
- Silverstein mentions that free agent CB Davon House could end up securing $7 million per year on the open market.
- The Packers have met with Matt Flynn’s agent, Bill Johnson, at the Combine.
- Silverstein reports that Green Bay has told QB Scott Tolzien that they want him back.
- David Newton has gotten the impression after listening to GM Dave Gettleman this week that the Panthers won’t take anyone with domestic violence issues such as WR Dorial Green-Beckham.
- Newton mentions that Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley and Washington’s Shaq Thompson both remind him of Thomas Davis.
- Drafting a linebacker for the future may not be a bad idea for the Panthers, according to Newton.
- Newton expects Carolina to target “second-tier” free agents.
- Newton rules out the idea that the Panthers could consider trading for Vikings OT Matt Kalil and pair him with his brother Ryan Kalil.
- John Keim can’t see why the Redskins would use their first-round pick on a quarterback.
- Keim mentions that Marcus Mariota is a running quarterback, which doesn’t fit with what Jay Gruden is looking for at the position.
- According to Keim, the chances of Washington being involved in the bidding for Ndamukong Suh are “very low,” due to a lack of cap space.
- Keim isn’t all that high on Florida DE/OLB Donte Fowler, but admits Scot McCloughan likes size and of the edge rushers and he has it.
- Keim guesses the Redskins will move on from OLB Brian Orakpo in the coming months.
If they did want to keep him, Keim suggests offering him a “small prove-it deal.”
Tags A.J. Hawk Brian Orakpo Darryl Tapp Dave Gettleman Davon House Donte Fowler Dorial Green-Beckham Doug Free Jermey Parnell Marcus Mariota Matt Flynn Matt Kalil Melvin Gordon Ndamukong Suh Rolando McClain Ryan Kalil Scott Tolzien Shaq Thompson Thomas Davis Todd Gurley Vic Beasley