Cowboys WRs coach Sanja Lal explained that while Dez Bryant is still the same physical receiver he has been for years, there were “more inconsistencies” in his game than before.
“I still saw he’s physical and violent at the route top,” Lal said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. “He’s still one of the best slant runners in the league.
“Without getting into specifics, I just saw more inconsistencies in his game [than in previous years].”
Lions RB Ameer Abdullah admitted that it’s frustrating to be in a position where he’ll only get a few carries a game.
“It’s frustrating, especially coming from Nebraska where I was the guy, I knew I was going to get the ball at least 20 times a game,” Abdullah said, via MLive.com. “For me, it’s not necessarily getting a certain number of touches. It’s getting meaningful touches and getting into a rhythm. That’s where it gets kind of frustrating.”
The Lions signed LeGarrette Blount to a contract in free agency and then traded up to Kerryon Johnson in this year’s draft. Plus, they still have Theo Riddick on their roster, so it’s hard to image Abdullah getting a lot of work this year, barring a few injuries.
- The Lions have signed undrafted Tennessee OL Brett Kendrick to a contract. (Justin Rogers)
- Detroit waived undrafted S Anthony Sherrils on Saturday. (Justin Rogers)
- Rob Demovsky points out that last year the Packers had five members of their 2017 undrafted free agent class finish the season on the active roster with four of them – WR Michael Clark, OL Adam Pankey, CB Lenzy Pipkins and P Justin Vogel – being in the top signing bonus category.
- With this in mind, Demovsky says that the undrafted free agents to watch for Green Bay this year who fall into a similar category include Arizona OL Jacob Alsadek, Eastern Kentucky QB Tim Boyle, Duke C Austin Davis, Northwestern DT Tyler Lancaster, and Wisconsin DE Conor Sheehy.
- Packers fourth-round WR J’Mon Moore said he recognizes that he could have a substantial role in the team’s offense following Gren Bay’s decision to move on from long-time Jordy Nelson: “I mean, I thought about that as soon as I got drafted. I plan on coming in here and working, getting in where I fit in and making the best of every opportunity that I get.” (Rob Demovsky)