Home / Cowboys / NFC Notes: Cowboys, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
NFC Notes: Cowboys, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
- Todd Archer writes that the days of drafting and developing a quarterback could be over and because of this, the Cowboys will likely wait until Tony Romo is at the end of his career before bringing in a replacement.
- Archer believes Anthony Hitchens is the most likely player to end up winning the SAM linebacker job this summer.
- According to Rob Demovsky, if the Packers were going to cut OLB Mike Neal for cap relief, they would have done so back in March. Green Bay has already paid Neal a $1 million roster bonus, which Demovsky believes will assure him a roster spot.
- Demovsky mentions that it’s still way too early to say whether or not the Packers will sign RB Eddie Lacy to a contract extension given that he could be a worn-down, beat-up back.
- David Newton writes that the Panthers could actually benefit from the extra point rule changes as K Graham Gano is very good within 40 yards while Cam Newton and Kelvin Benjamin are both dangerous weapons around the goalline.
- Newton would be “shocked beyond belief” if the Panthers didn’t sign LB Thomas Davis to a contract extension before the start of training camp. Newton guesses that Davis could receive a two- or three-year deal from Carolina.
- ESPN’s John Keim has been told by multiple people that the Redskins are not candidates to appear on HBO’s Hard Knocks.