Cowboys executive Stephen Jones said that WR Terrance Williams has had a diminished role this season because he has a “suspension looming” and is dealing with a lingering foot injury.
“With him, there’s a suspension looming out there that might or might not happen,” said Jones, via ProFootballTalk. “He does have some things after coming off that foot injury, which happens. When you have a foot injury, sometimes you rush it back, and you’re not quite there”.
Jones added that Williams is a “work in progress” and the team has “got to get him right.”
“And then just personal and general, some things that maybe are holding him back right now. I just think it’s a work in progress with him. He’s certainly made a lot of plays for us in the past. We think a lot of him. He’s a fighter and competitor, we just got to get him right.”
- Cowboys DTs Maliek Collins (knee) and David Irving are out for Week 5’s game against the Texans after not traveling with the team to Houston.
- Cowboys placed C Travis Frederick on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys activated DT David Irving from the exempt list.
- Cowboys placed WR Terrance Williams on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys released DT Christian Ringo from their practice squad.
- Panthers LB Jared Norris (toe) has been downgraded to out for Week 5 against the Giants. (David Newton)