- The Cowboys are reportedly set to meet with franchise DE Demarcus Lawrence‘s representatives next week to discuss a potential extension. (NFLTR)
- Joel Corry mentions that extension talks between Lawrence’s camp and the Cowboys probably won’t get too far unless Dallas is offering more than Giants DE Olivier Vernon‘s contract which includes $17 million per year, $52.5 million in guarantees and $40 million fully guaranteed.
- Both Lawrence and Vernon have the same agent, so you can expect this to be the kind of contract Lawrence will be seeking.
- We have him featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.
Rams passing game coordinator Shane Waldron is excited about the team’s receiving corps following the addition of Brandin Cooks.
“We’ve got a lot of fast guys; we’ve got big guys; we’ve got guys that can run the third-level of the route, the second-level, the first-level,” Waldron said, via TheRams.com. “I feel good that if any of the guys — the guys that were the starters last year, [and] competing to be the starters again this year — if they get tired, we feel good about those spots and hopefully we don’t miss a beat.”
Rams HC Sean McVay added that Cooks has already developed a “great rapport” with QB Jared Goff.
“I think you’ve just liked what you’ve seen overall,” McVay said. “He’s got a great rapport already with Jared, and he feels really good with the receiver group. I think he’s done a nice job kinda fitting into that room and really endearing himself to his teammates. We sure like him as coaches, too.”
- Larry Holder of the Times-Picayune rates LB Demario Davis the No. 11 player on the Saints’ roster.
- Holder expects Davis to open the season as the Saints’ starting middle linebacker, which will be the fifth different starter at the position in as many seasons.
- New Orleans signed Davis to a three-year contract worth up to $24 million and $16 million guaranteed, so it shouldn’t come as a big surprise that he’s in line to be a starter in his first year with New Orleans.