- Todd Archer writes that the Cowboys could end up having a difficult time retaining their own free agents next year, as they have 12 players in line to be unrestricted free agents including franchise DE DeMarcus Lawrence, G Zack Martin and DL David Irving.
- Dallas is expected to work on big-money extensions for Lawrence and Martin in the coming months, so it’s possible one or both could be under contract for the foreseeable future.
- The Cowboys will have to decide whether to pick up S Byron Jones‘ fifth-year option in the coming months or he’ll be an unrestricted free agent next year.
- It’s also worth mentioning that QB Dak Prescott will be eligible to sign a big-money extension for the first time next year, so there will be a lot of the Cowboys to balance in the next year or so.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that even if the Redskins were to sign a defensive tackle like Sylvester Williams, visited with them on Tuesday (NFLTR), he would still consider taking Vita Vea or Da’Ron Payne in round one.
- According to Keim, the Redskins could then release DT Terrell McClain after recently reworking his contract.
- Keim believes Johnathan Hankins would be a “terrific” addition to the Redskins and would be a great fit alongside Jonathan Allen and Matthew Ioannidis moving forward.
- Keim also mentions that signing Hankins would give Washington some flexibility entering the draft.
Siemian tells Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune that “a lot of people that would kill to be in this spot.”
“There’s a lot of places you could go,” Siemian said. “For me to be here in an organization who’s knocking on the door of some really great things, I think there’s a lot of people that would kill to be in this spot.”
- Chris Tomasson reports that Vikings C Pat Elflein (fractured ankle) was looked at last Wednesday by Dr. Robert Anderson and his surgery was determined to be a “100 percent success.’‘ Tomasson adds that Elflein is in walking boot and rehabbing, but should be able to do some drill work this spring.
- According to Tomasson, the Vikings haven’t closed door on re-signing OL Jeremiah Sirles at the right price.
- Tomasson adds that the Vikings are also interested in re-signing CBs Terence Newman and Marcus Sherels and they haven’t fully closed the door on DT Shamar Stephen either.