- Jane Slater reports that Cowboys fourth-round WR Ryan Switzer is being monitored for a hamstring injury but could be available for practice following the Hall of Fame game. (Brandon George)
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he has seen the evidence against RB Ezekiel Elliott and does not believe any domestic violence occurred: “I’ve seen the presentation from Zekes reps and from the league and there’s no domestic violence here.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Jones added that he expects a decision regarding Elliott’s case to come “imminently.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- While Jones expects a decision soon, Adam Schefter reports that no decision will come from the NFL today or this weekend for that matter.
Saints QB Drew Brees isn’t thinking about his contract situation with the team and does not expect anything to change at this point.
“Honestly, my mind has not been there at all,” Brees said, via Josh Katzenstein of the Times-Picayune. “It’s really a non-issue. For me, it’s all about this season and how good can we be this season. That’s really all I’m focused on right now.”
Brees added that he does not expect the Saints to open negotiations during the season and he plans to focus on the upcoming season.
“I don’t expect them to,” said Brees. “I don’t really desire them to. I just want to play football. I want to help this team.”
Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater spoke to reporters for the first time since he suffered a devastating knee injury last year.
Bridgewater said that doctors have told him there is no question he will be able to return at some point.
“That’s the good thing about all of this,” Bridgewater said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I get to continue to live out my dream. We don’t know when it’s going to happen, but for me, I know that it’s going to happen.”
“Right now, I’m taking it one day at a time,” Bridgewater said. “I can’t look too far down the road, I have to live in the now. … We all understand that it’s going to take some time, and that’s the message.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said the team will continue to look to add a kick return specialists as they become available. (Chris Tomasson)