Eagles HC Doug Pederson told reporters on Wednesday that rookie CB Sidney Jones is still rehabbing and there’s currently no timetable for him to return.
“Again, he is doing well and he is on schedule, but at the same time, we aren’t going to stick him out there and risk anything further. But he is doing extremely well with his rehab.”
- The Atlanta Falcons announced Wednesday that RB Devonta Freeman has officially cleared the concussion protocol and return to practice.
“This breaks his heart,” Archie said. “And that’s okay. It’s supposed to.”
According to Archie, Manning never considered playing for another team until he was benched.
“I don’t know,” Archie said. “There is no sense doing a lot of speculating from his standpoint. There is no way of knowing. I don’t think Eli ever envisioned, until now, playing for somebody else. That’s the love he has for the Giants. It is kind of unique and stronger than most. It’s not just the game he loves to play. He loves to play for the Giants.”
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo announced that rookie Davis Webb will be the team’s No. 3 quarterback in Week 13. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- McAdoo said that Eli and Webb both ran the scout team during Wednesday’s practice. (Dan Duggan)
- Field Yates reports that Giants RB Orleans Darkwa earned a $150,000 bonus by surpassing 500 yards rushing on the season last weekend.
- The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that TE Jordan Reed (hamstring), C Chase Roullier (hand), DL Terrell McClain (toe) and S Montae Nicholson (concussion) are all out for Thursday night’s game against the Cowboys.
- The Redskins list LT Trent Williams (knee), RT Morgan Moses (knee and ankles), OT Ty Nsekhe (core muscle), G Brandon Scherff (knee), DL Matt Ioannidis (hand/ankle), LB Martrell Spaight (ankle) and LB Zach Brown (shoulder/Achilles) as questionable.