- Eagles HC Doug Pederson confirmed that he reached out to WR Jeremy Maclin on Saturday but added that their interest in him didn’t extend beyond that. (Jeff McLane)
- According to Zach Berman, fourth-round RB Donnel Pumphrey “keeps getting significant work with the 1s.“
Retired WR Roddy White mentioned that he would be open to a front office role with the Falcons if possible.
“I don’t think I can coach, but I would be open to a front office job,” White told Vaughn McClure of ESPN. “I’m not watching over players (as a coach). That job is too hard.”
White said he’s isn’t sure of what kind of role he would be interested in at this point in time.
“I don’t know yet, but I would like to figure out the process,” White said.
Although, it sounds like he may be open to going the scouting route.
“Yeah, but not college,” White said. “Is that possible? Yes, probably as a pro scout.”
On Tuesday, Giants WR Odell Bechman was asked about his contract situation after he skipped voluntary OTAs.
“I leave that in the hands of the man above,” Beckham said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “When that time comes, that time comes. Right now is really not the time to discuss it. When it comes, it’ll come.”
When asked about John Mara’s comments that they would like him to be a Giant for lift, Beckham said: “I’d love to be here for the rest of my life.”
- Jordan Raanan reports that Giants DE Owa Odighizuwa is not expected to be in attendance for the start of mandatory minicamp as he continues to handle some personal issues.
- After skipping OTAs, Redskins RB Matt Jones reported to the team for the start of mandatory minicamp on Tuesday.
- John Keim mentions that Jones either wants to be cut or traded. However, it appears unlikely Washington will be able to trade him at this point in the year.
- Keim says that it’s possible the Redskins could hold on to him as insurance during training camp.