- According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Media, there have been no negotiations between the Seahawks and S Earl Thomas regarding a long-term extension and there isn’t any indication of this changing in the near future.
- Pelissero says that the Seahawks expect Thomas to be back with the team and play out the season for the $8.5 million he’s owed in 2018.
- According to Pelissero, the Seahawks wouldn’t trade Thomas for any less than a second-round pick, but no team has shown a willingness to offer them that kind of compensation.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll told reporters on Thursday that he has been in talks with Thomas and added that he expects him to be back for mandatory minicamp next month. (Bob Condotta)
New Cowboys RB/WR Tavon Austin says it really doesn’t matter to him what position he’s playing as long as he’s getting an opportunity to show what he can do.
“I don’t care what I’m being called as long as I’m playing, that’s all that matters,” Austin said, via the Dallas Morning News. “You can call me anything you want as long as I’m playing.”
Austin considers himself to be a “playmaker” capable create yardage.
“At the end of the day, I’m a playmaker,” Austin said. “That’s how I describe myself. I don’t really care where I’m at on the field. I just want the ball and a little bit of space and let me create and I’m going from there…
“An athlete who creates, the thing I did my whole life. I’m cool with it, running back, receiver, punt returner, it really doesn’t make a difference to me. I just definitely want my opportunity to get the ball in my hands and get a little bit of space and do what I do best.”
Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that he’s excited about the team’s running back group and to have everyone back healthy.
“Well, I’m really excited about that and that’s part of, it just feels different, just to have everybody healthy and out there working and all,” Carroll said, via Pro Football Talk. “We’ve had really high hopes for C.J. and we’ve seen Mike Davis play really good for us and we got excited about J.D. McKissic and now to see Chris back out there in really extraordinary condition, he’s had a tremendous offseason, and then add Rashaad in there as well. It’s just a really fine group and very versatile”
- Carroll said he does not expect DT Malik McDowell to be available for minicamp. (Bob Condotta)
- According to Carroll, McDowell and Kam Chancellor have not been cleared to take part in OTAs and were not on the field today. (Bob Condotta)
- New Seahawks K Sebastian Janikowski (hip) and OL D.J. Fluker (knee) did not practice on Thursday due to injuries. (Bob Condotta)