- The Falcons lost S Ricardo Allen for the season after he suffered a season-ending torn Achilles. (NFLTR)
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters that they’re not looking into a starting caliber safeties like Eric Reid or trading for an established starter like Earl Thomas. Instead, Quinn said he’s confident in their current group of safeties. (Vaughn McClure)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy announced that OLB Nick Perry is in the concussion protocol.
- The Packers lost DL Muhammad Wilkerson for the season with a “significant” ankle injury. (NFLTR)
“I love to compete,” Brees said. “I love to work, I love to set a goal, embark on the journey and accomplish the task. So many incredible people in my life have put me in position to succeed. So many who have helped make me a confident person when maybe I was lacking in it in some parts of my life. So an accomplishment like this is for them too. A lot of receivers caught those passes. I hope they’re proud. This is for them, too. I’ve had the same head coach, Sean Payton, the same offensive coordinator, Pete Carmichael, for all my years here, and the same quarterback coach, Joe Lombardi, for 11 of the 13 years. This is for them, too. I’m having a lot of fun playing still. I hope there are lots more years.”
- Vikings RB Dalvin Cook said Monday that he’s still taking his hamstring injury “day to day” and will see how he feels on Thursday before deciding whether he plays. However, Cook added that he’s feeling good and that there’s a “good chance” he’ll play against the Rams. (Courtney Cronin)