- Vaughn McClure writes with Desmond Trufant returning from injury, the emergence of C.J. Goodwin and the Falcons drafting DB Damontae Kazee, there are questions about CB Jalen Collins‘ role with the team moving forward.
- McClure believes Collins needs to play well during the preseason and show up on special teams to solidify his role with the team.
- As for contract negotiations with RB Devonta Freeman, McClure expects a deal to be in place before or during training camp.
Panthers TE Greg Olsen mentioned Thursday that contract talks with former Panthers GM Dave Gettleman were never contentious and he believes it’s silly to suggest Thomas Davis and his situations were tipping points for Gettleman’s future with the team. (Joe Person)
According to Olsen, he never had a problem with Gettleman and he even respected the fact that he stuck to his guns in contract dealings. (Joe Person)
“I think anyone who follows the Panthers, and knows our history, knows the guy in charge, that’s Mr. Richardson, and he makes all the decisions,” Olsen said, via Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer. “And he made a decision, with probably some parts that we aren’t privy to. He made a decision that he felt was in the best interest of the team, both in the short- and long-term. And those are the decisions that as players and employees of the organization we live with. Sometimes that’s just the way it goes.”
The Los Angeles Rams posted their projected starters in their training camp media guide, via Alden Gonzalez.
- The team’s starting offensive is expected to be Andrew Whitworth (LT), Rodger Saffold (LG), John Sullivan (C), Rob Havenstein (RG) and Jamon Brown (RT).
- The Rams have free agent addition Robert Woods, Tavon Austin, and rookie Cooper Kupp as their starting receivers to go along with second-year TE Tyler Higbee.