Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com offers an update 53-man roster projections for the Giants.
- Some of the notable roster cuts for New York on offense, according to Dunleavy, include QB Alex Tanney, WR Travis Rudolph, and G John Jerry.
- One the defensive side of the ball, Dunleavy has the Giants cutting LB Ray-Ray Armstrong, CB Chris Lewis-Harris and S Orion Stewart.
Ryan Wood of PackersNews.com takes a look at the Packers’ offensive line unit heading into training camp.
- According to Wood, there are only three roster locks on the offensive — David Bakhtiari, Lane Taylor, and Corey Linsley.
- Wood has Bryan Bulaga, Kyle Murphy, Jason Spriggs, Lucas Patrick, Byron Bell, Cole Madison, Adam Pankey, and Dillon Day listed as bubble players.
- As for the long shots to make the team, Wood lists Kofi Amichia, Austin Davis, Ethan Cooper, and Alex Light.
- Regarding Bulaga, Wood writes that the Packers’ decision to retain him suggests they aren’t sold on anyone replacing him. Wood adds that Bulaga is a clear candidate to be placed on the PUP list, as he works his way back from an ACL tear.
- Spriggs, Murphy and Bell should all compete for the starting right tackle job this summer, but Wood predicts that Bulaga will finish the year as the team’s starter.
- Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer writes that the Panthers’ left guard position of the most crucial camp battles to watch this offseason.
- The Panthers will have to replace Andrew Norwell, who departed for a big-money deal with the Jaguars. Rodrigue mentions that Taylor Moton, Amini Silatolu, Tyler Larsen and Jeremiah Sirles should all be in contention for the job.
- Rodrigue predicts that Silatolu will win the left guard job and RT Darryl Williams ends up testing the open market next year.