Giants co-owner Steve Tisch said he spoke with fellow co-owner John Mara and HC Ben McAdoo about the team’s play-calling situation in the past before McAdoo decided to turn things over to OC Mike Sullivan this past weekend.
“I think it was a very good adjustment that the coach made,” Tisch said Tuesday at the NFL owners meeting, via James Kratch of NJ.com. “It was discussed last week. … He knew it was the right thing to do.”
Tisch said McAdoo felt “comfortable” turning play-calling duties over to Sullivan.
“I can’t speak on his behalf, (but) that it was probably one of the contributing factors to victory,” Tisch said. “He’s had an opinion on this issue all season,” Tisch said of McAdoo. “…He’s a terrific guy. He has shown his strengths going into Denver at 0-5 and coming out at 1-5. The players respect him, they want to play for him. It’s important that the relationship is functional, and it is exciting coming out of Denver.”
- The Packers worked out CB Josh Thornton and RB Marquez Williams on Tuesday. (Rob Demovsky)
- According to Joel Corry, the Rams picked up $2.65M of 2017 cap space by signing LB Alec Ogletree to a new four-year, $42M contract extension.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll confirmed that they met with free agent LT Branden Albert but “came to no agreement.” (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll mentioned that “[they] are always looking” to add to offensive line help. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll said DE Michael Bennett went through Tuesday’walk-thru and should practice on Wednesday. Carroll added Bennett “feels like he’s going to be able to play.” (John Boyle)
- According to Carroll, RB C.J. Prosise is expected back this week. (Curtis Crabtree)