Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com takes a look at 10 prospects he believes make sense for the Lions at No. 20 overall.
Twentyman’s list includes:
- UTSA DE Marcus Davenport
- LSU RB Derrius Guice
- UTEP G Will Hernandez
- Boston College DE Harold Landry
- Alabama DT Da’Ron Payne
- Iowa C James Daniels
- Georgia RB Sony Michel
- Florida DT Taven Bryan
- Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch
- Michigan DT Maurice Hurst
We have the Buccaneers taking Bryan in our latest 2018 NFL Mock Draft.
- Ryan Wood of PackersNews.com considers UTSA’s Marcus Davenport, Boston College’s Harold Landry, Georgia’s Lorenzo Carter, LSU’s Arden Key and Florida State’s Josh Sweat to be edge rusher possibilities worth watch for the Packers this week.
- Brady Henderson of ESPN writes that the Seahawks trading down from No. 18 overall would make sense, considering the team’s history of moving down for more selections and the fact that they’re without second or third-round picks this year.
- Henderson notes that the Seahawks haven’t made fewer than two picks over the first three rounds in any of their eight drafts under Schneider and Carroll. Beyond that, Seattle has only made less than nine picks once during this time.
- Some reasons to stay put at No. 18, according to Henderson, include the possibility that they trade Pro Bowl S Earl Thomas, no trade partner surfaces, and there happens to be someone they really like available to them.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times considers Boise State’s Leighton Vander Esch, Boston College’s Harold Landry, Virginia Tech’s Tremaine Edmunds and UCF’s Shaquem Griffin to be potential fits for the Seahawks at linebacker/edge rusher.