Panthers LB Luke Kuechly (labrum) said he expects to be ready to go for the start of training camp.
“That’s the plan,” Kuechly said, via Jourdan Rodrigue of the Charlotte Observer. “That’s how it went last time and everything went well. I don’t anticipate it being different.”
Kuechly added that he’s looking forward to getting back to taking part in team drills.
“I just want to be out there, man,” Kuechly said. “I’m not able to do the team-related stuff right now, which is a bummer. That’s the best part of the (organized team activity) and mini-camp portion.”
- Herbie Teope reports that free agent RB Jamaal Charles had a “very good workout and visit” with the Saints and passed his physical, but it didn’t make sense for either side to do a deal right now.
- Teope says that it’s possible the Saints and Charles could revisit a deal at a later time.
- The Saints opted to sign RB Terrance West. (NFLTR)
- According to Joel A. Erickson, the Saints also worked out offensive linemen Trevor Darling and Gino Gradkowski during their minicamp.
“This is a business and there’s a lot going on,” Diggs said. “Being a small portion of it I’m definitely sitting back just working every day and letting that stuff handle itself. I have people who will handle that. For me, it’s just coming in and working every day. It’s not about any contract or anything like that, I’m trying to win. That’s all I’m concerned about.”
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said during an interview with KFAN radio that rookie DT Jalyn Holmes has a broken hand. (Sam Ekstrom)