- David Kaplan reports that the Colts were all in on hiring Chiefs OC Matt Nagy before he agreed to take the Bears’ job on Monday.
- According to Kaplan, uncertainty regarding the health of QB Andrew Luck and Nagy’s belief the Bears roster is much better and m the de decision for him.
- A source tells Kaplan that Bears GM Ryan Pace “landed him by convincing him sunny days are ahead for the Bears.”
However, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said Monday during an interview with 105.3 The Fan that nothing is done yet regarding Moore’s being hired as their quarterbacks coach.
“There’s a lot of moving parts. He’s certainly a candidate and certainly somebody we think a lot of. But at the same time, there’s nothing finalized or to that,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “But there’s certainly nothing that’s been finalized. We plan on meeting with Kellen here in the coming days to see if that could work out here.”
- According to Ralph Vacchiano, the Giants and Eagles DC Jim Schwartz were unable to work out the scheduling to speak to him this past weekend. Vacchiano admits that this sounds strange and adds that it sounds like he’s either not interested or the Giants just aren’t sold on him. New York wasn’t thrilled about the reports surfacing Schwartz he was their top choice, according to Vacchiano. With all of this in mind, Vacchiano says that Schwartz appears to be a “back-burner candidate” right now, but he still can’t be ruled out.
- In regards to Josh McDaniels, Vacchiano says that there are some in the Giants organization with concerns about hiring a Bill Belichick assistant and many think he’ll end up with the Colts.
- One interesting candidate to watch for the Giants is Vikings OC Pat Shurmur, as Vacchiano mentions that he’s more attractive to the Giants than many think.
- According to Gary Myers, Patriots DC Matt Patricia is still “very much in play” with the Giants despite rumors he’s going to the Lions.
- Myers says that Patricia is in the mix for the Giants’ job along with Josh McDaniels and Pat Shurmur.
- Panthers DC Steve Wilks is interviewing with the Giants Tuesday and New York reportedly has everyone of note in attendance for the meeting in case they want to move quickly on hiring him. (NFLTR)
- Mike Klis reports that Phil Rauscher, who served as Broncos HC Vance Joseph‘s administrative assistant in 2017, is taking an offensive assistant position with the Redskins.