- Jason La Canfora says that other teams expect the Buccaneers to consider bringing back QB Mike Glennon when/if he’s released.
- La Canfora adds that signing WR Mike Evans to an extension will be a priority for Tampa Bay this offseason.
- La Canfora hears that the Buccaneers are likely to move on from DL Chris Baker and RB Doug Martin, which would next them around $12 million.
- Jason La Canfora’s hunch is that the Cardinals will target a “bridge” quarterback like Sam Bradford, rather than offer a mega contract to Kirk Cousins.
- From there, Arizona is expected to draft a quarterback this year.
- Sources have told La Canfora that they think the Cardinals will pay Tyrann Mathieu the $11 million he’s owed in 2018, but try to get Deone Bucannon at a lower rate than that $9 million he’d make under the fifth-year option.
- A league source tells Jason La Canfora that CB Trumaine Johnson won’t be back with the Rams next year.
- La Canfora would also be shocked if WR Tavon Austin is back with the Rams, as they could save $8 million in cash by letting him go.
- While some have mentioned G Rodger Saffold as a possible release candidate, La Canfora mentions that Los Angeles really likes him.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Rams LB Mark Barron and CB Kayvon Webster both had shoulder surgery recently. Barron should be ready for training camp, but it remains to be seen when Webster will return from the shoulder procedure and the torn Achilles he suffered last year.
- Jason La Canfora says that executives he’s spoken with expect the Seahawks to field trade offers for CB Richard Sherman again this offseason.
- According to one personnel director, Seattle will have some sort of “housecleaning” this offseason: “There’s going to be a housecleaning, for sure, but to what extent.“