- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys were in on WR Sammy Watkins but not at the reported $16 million average salary he got from the Chiefs.
- Archer says that the Cowboys were hoping to pair Watkins with his former WRs coach in Buffalo, Sanjay Lal, and thought this could help their chances.
- Clarence Hill Jr. mentions that the Cowboys showing interest in Sammy Watkins is a clear sign that the team is considering moving on from Dez Bryant.
- Veteran S Kurt Coleman said he met with the Giants before agreeing to a deal with the Saints. (Josh Katzenstein)
- Regarding G Andrew Norwell, Jordan Raanan reports that the Giants’ offer to him was not far off from the Jaguars’. However, Norwell simply decided to sign with Jacksonville.
- Alden Gonzalez of ESPN reports that the Rams are “leaning towards” addressing the departure of Sammy Watkins internally with WRs Josh Reynolds and Mike Thomas. Although, Gonzalez adds that the Rams are still monitoring things free agency.
- Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Live that QB Drew Brees‘ agent, Tom Condone, was not physically in the room when he and Saints GM Mickey Loomis agreed to a two-year contract this morning. (Peter Schrager)
- Brees said that he was offered “a lot more elsewhere“, but he decided that he did not want to max out his contract in order to help the Saints. (Josh Katzenstein)
- Brees added that he never considered signing with another team this offseason, despite receiving lucrative offers: “It wasn’t like I was going anywhere. I’ve made that clear from Day 1.” (ProFootballTalk)