- Todd Archer reports that the Cowboys were in on WR Sammy Watkins but not at the reported $16 million average salary he got from the Bears.
- Archer says that the Cowboys were hoping to pair Watkins with his former WRs coach in Buffalo, Sanjay Lal, and thought this could help their chances.
“I’d love to get the chance to go back to the,” Parker said. “I’d love to be in front of that fan base again and be close to home.”
- John Keim reports that the Redskins remain interested in re-signing WR Ryan Grant, but he appears to be headed to free agency.
- Keim says that Washington is expected to pursue free agent defensive linemen including Sheldon Richardson and Dontari Poe, but their market could get expensive.
- Keim says that Redskins ILB Zach Brown and OLB Trent Murphy both are expected to hit the free-agent market.
- The Redskins have reportedly expressed interest in free agent ILB Preston Brown.
- Jason La Canfora hears that the Redskins are working hard to retain a lot of their own free agents but it sounds like OL Spencer Long won’t be among this group, as he has a “strong market” forming.
- According to JP Finlay, if the Redskins don’t plan to re-sign ILB Zach Brown, but want add free agent ILB Preston Brown, they’ll need to act quick.
- Calvin Watkins reports that free agent DL Benson Mayowa will visit with the Redskins on Tuesday.
- John Clayton on ESPN 710 doesn’t think the Seahawks have a great shot of signing TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins: “I think there’s a chance but not a great chance.” (Bob Condotta)
- Clayton mentioned that Seferian-Jenkins may want $8 million per year and Seattle wouldn’t go that high and lose the compensatory pick they’d get from letting go of Jimmy Graham.