- ESPN’s Jenna Laine said on 95.3 WDAE that she believes it is “quite possible” for WR DeSean Jackson (thumb) to miss the rest of the season.
- Buccaneers S Justin Evans had a boot on his injured right foot/toe in on Wednesday. (Greg Auman)
Falcons DE Vic Beasley wishes his productivity was greater this season, but he plans to give it all over the final month of the season.
“I wish my production was higher. But all I can do is go out there and continue to put my best effort on the field and try and show each and every coach that I play hard, play for my teammates, and give my best effort,” Beasley said, per Vaughn McClure.
Panthers QB Cam Newton said Wednesday that his shoulder feels great and he should be ready to go Sunday.
“I’m healthy enough to play and I’m not going to let nothing hold me back. … You have to learn how to manage pain,” Newton said, per Max Henson.
- Panthers placed TE Greg Olsen on injured reserve.
- Panthers promoted WR Mose Frazier to their active roster.
- Panthers signed WR DeAndrew White and S Kai Nacua to their practice squad.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said of veteran WR Brandon Marshall being inactive: “Each week we’re taking a look at our personnel and doing what’s best for that game.” (Josh Katzenstein)
- Saints released QB J.T. Barrett from their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Saints signed OL Isaiah Williams to their practice squad.