- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht told reporters on Thursday that they hosted Penn State RB Saquon Barkley for a pre-draft visit. (Rick Stroud)
- Licht also said of Barkley: “Everybody I know that’s not even working in football knows he’s a great player. He’s a great kid. Checks all those boxes. But he’s not the only great player in this draft.” (Rick Stroud)
- When asked about possibly trading up in the draft, Licht smiled and said: “All options are still on the table.” (PewterReport)
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said Thursday that there are a number of directions they could with their first-round pick this year.
“There are a number of positions that we’re looking at more than other years,” Dimitroff said, per Vaughn McClure. “I feel like in other years, we’ve been really honed in on potentially one or two, and we have a number of positions that we think can really benefit us at 26. … In our minds, it gives us an opportunity to consider — of course, we’ll always consider moving up — but also the idea of moving back as well because we feel there are a number of good players at 26 and beyond.” The Falcons traded up for defensive end Takk McKinley at No. 26 last season.”
- D. Orlando Ledbetter lists CB Jaire Alexander, OL Mike McGlinchey, G Isaiah Wynn, TE Hayden Hurst and DT Taven Bryan as players to watch for the Falcons at No. 26 overall.
- Florida RB Mark Thompson worked out at his school on Wednesday for Falcons HC Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff. (Ian Rapoport)
- Arkansas OL Frank Ragnow worked out for the Falcons. (Darren Wolfson)