Buccaneers second-round RB Ronald Jones says he’s looking to step in and “assert” himself during his first training camp.
“I definitely want to come in and assert myself, but I still want to take it one day at a time,” Jones said, via Pro Football Talk. “It’s a big jump to the big leagues. Just try to beat the guy in front of me.”
The Carolina Panthers announced the following changes to their coaching staff, scouting and football operations staffs.
- Richard Rodgers – secondary coach
- Jeff Imamura – assistant secondary/cornerbacks coach
- Vincent Rivera – defensive quality control coach
- Mark Carrier – named senior advisor to the general manager
- Jeff Morrow – named senior director of college scouting
- Eric Stokes and Mike Szabo – named regional directors of college scouting
- Mike Martin – southwest area scout
- Rob Hanrahan – named assistant director of pro personnel
- Austin Bergstrom – named college scouting coordinator
- Chris Herbert – named assistant video director
Saints HC Sean Payton explained that Drew Brees‘ work ethic and overall ability make him a special talent, even at 39 years old.
“It’s different now. I mean, it’s different than it used to be,” Saints coach Sean Payton said on NBC Sports Radio. “When you see Tom Brady and these guys, they’re eating; they’re lifting; they’re sleeping differently. I mean, 25 years ago, Len Dawson was having cigarettes at halftime. It’s changed a lot. It really has. Then, when you take that and the work ethic and the talent and put it all together you get the Drew Brees and you get someone special.”