- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the prevailing view continues to be that Falcons WR Julio Jones is sending a message to the team about his dissatisfaction with current compensation.
- Florio says that it’s possible Jones could rejoin the Falcons for mandatory workouts after skip OTAs this offseason with the hope of getting a new contract next year.
- A league source tells Florio that Jones has been working out with Terrell Owens this offseason, which could have something to do with Jones being away from the team.
- Florio’s “semi-educated guess” is that Jones will show up for minicamp this week, but could push for a new contract next year.
Panthers TE Greg Olsen admitted that there have been some adjustments under new OC Norv Turner this summer.
“He wants things done a certain way, and it’s my job to kind of alter what I’ve done,” said Olsen, via the Charlotte Observer. “There are some things that I’ve done for a long time that are different from how he wants them done. Certain routes, certain adjustments, things like that. That’s on me, to adjust to the way he wants his offense run.”
Even so, Olsen says that he’s enjoyed working with Turner.
“I’ve really enjoyed being around him, enjoyed hearing his philosophies on offense,” Olsen said. “There’s always a little transition.”
- Nick Underhill reports that Saints RB Mark Ingram plans to attend the team’s mandatory minicamp this week.
- Ingram is suspended for the first four games of the 2018 season due to a PED violation. (NFLTR)