- Cam Inman of the Mercury News writes that the 49ers’ decision to sign G Laken Tomlinson to a three-year, $18 million extension locks him into the left guard job.
- Inman adds that this leaves the right guard job as the last offensive position seemingly up for grabs this summer outside of slot receiver.
- According to Inman, Trent Taylor and Dante Pettis will battle it out in training camp and the preseason for the starting slot receiver position.
- First-round pick Mike McGlinchey has been working with the first-team offense at right tackle.
- At right guard, Inman notes that Joshua Garnett and Mike Person rotated reps with the first-string, but it’s possible Jonathan Cooper could get the job after the 49ers included $4 million guaranteed in his one-year deal.
Cardinals rookie QB Josh Rosen said during minicamp that veteran QB Sam Bradford has been “helping me out a ton” this offseason.
“I think it speaks to him as a person and how he’s willing to embrace the competition and the team aspect,” Rosen said, via AZCentral.com. “And I’m the same way. Regardless of starter-backup, I want the Arizona Cardinals to do the best possible because I want to be in a Super Bowl. If at least for this year the best way to do that is have Sam starting, then so be it, and I’m going to push him every single day.”
“You hear all the tabloids about him, being mean, tough. [But] if you get to know him, sit down and really just get to know him as a person, everybody enjoys him,” Brockers said, via TheRams.com. “He’s a smart guy, a great guy to be around, [and] a great guy to come into this building with, so it’s been awesome.”
Suh mentioned that they’re still working to develop camaraderie as a unit.
“To play this game you have to have your teammates and they have to have you, so [it’s about] creating that camaraderie, being out there with Brockers and all the different guys,” Suh said. “You probably don’t see it as much as you see it from a quarterback’s perspective, but as a front, for us all to be on the same front, we have to communicate.”