- Ian Rapoport mentions that the Browns nearly traded WR Josh Gordon to the 49ers back in 2014 for a second-round pick and RB Kendall Hunter. However, then-Browns HC Rob Chudzinski didn’t want to do the deal and owner Jimmy Haslam ultimately vetoed the trade.
- Regarding their reported interest in Gordon, 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said: “I think they (Patriots) did more than we did.” (Matt Maiocco)
- 49ers S Jaquiski Tartt is dealing with a shoulder stinger and is considered day to day. (Cam Inman)
Cardinals HC Steve Wilks told reporters that everyone on the team will be evaluated following their shutout loss to the Rams on Sunday including the quarterback position.
“I’m not going to sit here and say right after the game what we’re going to do from a personnel standpoint,” Wilks said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “But I will say this, everybody will be evaluated.”
Even so, Wilks wouldn’t single out the play of Sam Bradford as the main issue for the team’s struggles.
“Well, I think when you look at the climate of the game and how it was going, I don’t know if it was going to make a major difference there because, again, it just wasn’t one guy,” Wilks said. “It was several on both sides of the ball in all three phases. Again, we’ll evaluate personnel moving forward and seeing exactly what we’re going to do next week as far as putting the best guys on the field.”
- Wilks said he has “total confidence” in offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, despite the team’s offensive issues in the first two weeks. (Darren Urban)
- Wilks did, however, concede that the offensive playbook will be scaled back to help players not have to think when they’re on the field. (Josh Weinfuss)
- According to Wilks, they plan to get RB David Johnson more involved as a slot receiver and operating space. (Darren Urban)
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Rams have no plans to place K Greg Zuerlein on injured reserve, which implies that his groin injury is not a long-term issue.
- Rams practice squad C Aaron Neary was arrested Sunday night for DUI and hit and run. (KVTA)