49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said earlier in the week that they were interested in DE Dante Fowler at the trade deadline, but were hesitant to part with draft picks for a player on an expiring deal.
“We’re always interested in adding pass rushers, and he’s a good pass rusher to add,” Shanahan said, via NBC Bay Area. “It was just a tough situation for us because you knew he was on the final year of his contract, so you know you’re only making a trade for a guy who you can only guarantee half the year.
“So, you’ll see how that goes, but it was just a little risky for the situation we were in.”
- 49ers CB Richard Sherman said of a possible reunion with Earl Thomas: “Would I love to play with Earl Thomas III? Sure… I would love to have him back in the locker room but I’m sure he’ll have a plethora of opportunities but I’m sure we’re gonna throw our hat in the ring.” (Nick Wagoner)
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out TE Ricky Seals-Jones (shoulder) for Week 17’s game and list DE Markus Golden (ankle), DE Benson Mayowa (back, neck) as questionable.
- Cardinals waived CBs Leonard Johnson and Deatrick Nichols. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals promoted WR Malachi Dupre and DT Pasoni Tasini to their active roster.
- Regarding the decision to hold RB Todd Gurley out of Week 17’s game, Rams HC Sean McVay said: “I wouldn’t say I’m concerned. We just want to be smart.” (Vincent Bonsignore)
- The Los Angeles Rams officially ruled out RB Todd Gurley (knee) and S Lamarcus Joyner (ankle) for Week 17 and list RB Justin Davis (shoulder) and DT Ethan Westbrooks (illness) as questionable.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said G J.R. Sweezy is dealing with a 3-4 week injury, but he should be ready to return next week. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll expects G D.J. Fluker to be a game-time decision on Sunday, but said he had a good week and made progress. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Carroll said Rashaad Penny (knee) and Tedric Thompson (ankle) will also be game-time decisions. (John Boyle)
- The Seattle Seahawks list G J.R. Sweezy (foot) as doubtful for Week 17 and list G D.J. Fluker (hamstring), DE Dion Jordan (knee), S Bradley McDougald (knee), RB Rashaad Penny (knee), S Tedric Thompson (ankle) as questionable.