Home / 49ers / NFC West Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks
NFC West Notes: 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks
- Although Matt Barrows could see the 49ers drafting Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson with the No. 9 overall pick, he does not think Nelson will make it past the Bears.
- Barrows writes that converting Jimmie Ward from free safety to cornerback would make sense if the 49ers decide to draft Alabama S Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round.
- Regarding the possibility of signing a veteran tight end like Antonio Gates, Barrows thinks the team would rather play their options such as George Kittle and Cole Hikutini.
- The 49ers worked out second-round prospect Nevada OL Austin Corbett. (Matt Barrows)
- Mike Jurecki believes it’s almost a guarantee that the Cardinals will pick up LT D.J. Humphries‘ fifth-year option with the thought of working on a long-term extension in the coming months.
- Vincent Bonsignore gets the sense that the Rams are open to signing QB Sean Mannion beyond this year.
- However, Bonsignore adds that the Rams are also interested to see what Brandon Allen does this offseason and it’s at least possible they could draft a quarterback.
- Ian Rapoport reports that GM John Schneider and HC Pete Carroll were among key members of the Seahawks who spent yesterday at Arizona State privately working out Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk, ASU RB Kalen Ballage and Houston QB Kyle Allen.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times hears that Seahawks free agent CB Byron Maxwell was still weighing offers from NFL teams as of Tuesday.
- The Seahawks made the decision to sign CB Dontae Johnson to a contract Wednesday (NFLTR), so it’s possible that Seattle elected to make a move now and not wait on Maxwell.
Tags Antonio Gates Austin Corbett Brandon Allen Byron Maxwell Christian Kirk Cole Hikutini D.J. Humphries Dontae Johnson George Kittle Jimmie Ward John Schneider Kalen Ballage Kyle Allen Minkah Fitzpatrick Pete Carroll Quenton Nelson Sean Mannion