49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said that the injuries former first-round pick Jimmie Ward has dealt with since entering the NFL are “unfortunately” but he loves him as a player.
“No, I wouldn’t say ‘frustration’ because then it would be negative toward Jimmy. It’s just unfortunate,” Shanahan said, via the San Jose Mercury News. “Jimmie works real hard and I love Jimmie as a player, and he’s very tough. He has gotten hurt a lot but I don’t question any of those.”
- Cardinals HC Steve Wilks announced Monday that LB Arthur Moats will miss 2-4 weeks with an MCL sprain. (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals lost RB D.J. Foster for the season with a torn ACL and MCL. (NFLTR)
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said that WR Doug Baldwin is “back in action” and will be ready for the season opener against the Broncos. (Curtis Crabtree)
- According to Carroll, DE Dion Jordan is making a push to return but it remains to be seen if he’ll be able to play in Week 1. Carroll said they’ll have to decide whether to place Jordon on the PUP list or keep him on their active roster later this week. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll mentioned that Tedric Thompson day-to-day with a stringer and DE Frank Clark is dealing with a hyper-extended elbow. (Bob Condotta)