- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan announced that QB Jimmy Garoppolo underwent knee surgery to repair his torn ACL Wednesday morning. Shanahan added that it’s too early to say what Garoppolo’s timeline will be. (Cam Inman)
Cardinals RB David Johnson admitted that he’s made “too many mental errors” that have negatively impacted the team.
“You can’t fumble, that’s giving the other team an opportunity to score, especially where I did it at,” Johnson said, via AzCardinals.com. “Anytime I fumble, or I miss a block and like I said put pressure on Josh and get him hit, it’s never a good thing.”
Even so, Cardinals HC Steve Wilks doesn’t seem to be concerned about Johnson moving forward.
“David is a perfectionist,” Wilks said. “He wants to do it right every time. He had some things that he wishes he could take back, but he did some things well out there. When you have players like that that aren’t really concerned about the great plays, but are trying to make sure that they make the corrections on the ones they messed up, that’s when you’re going to see a difference in your team. I’m excited that he’s expressing that, and I know that he’s going to make the corrections.”
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll announced that LB K.J. Wright won’t play Sunday, which will likely result in Austin Calitro starting at weakside linebacker. (Bob Condotta)
- Regarding LB Mychal Kendricks, Carroll said they have no further clarification on his suspension and were just told it’s an indefinite ban. (Bob Condotta)
- Carroll mentioned that RB Chris Carson and DE Dion Jordan should be able to play Sunday. (Bob Condotta)
- Seahawks S Earl Thomas was fined $10,026 from the NFL due to taunting the Dallas Cowboys’ sideline after his second interception in Week 3. (ProFootballTalk)