49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said that DL Arik Armstead is “as good as anyone” in terms of stopping the run, but they’d still like to see him increase his sack total.
“We’d love sacks, of course. I know he would; I would; fans would. But that doesn’t always happen,” Shanahan said, via NBC Bay Area. “We need four guys rushing great together. I know Arik can get better in that area, but he also has done some good things in the pass rush. Just collectively, I think we can get better. But you ask me about the run game, Arik is as good as anyone I’ve seen right now.”
- 49ers DC Robert Saleh said there is a possibility Jaquiski Tartt could play free safety for them in 2019: “He’s a pretty darn good strong safety, too.” (Eric Branch)
- The San Francisco 49ers officially ruled out S Jaquiski Tartt (shoulder) for Week 15 and list RB Matt Breida (ankle), WR Marquise Goodwin (calf), DE Cassius Marsh (concussion), LB Mark Nzeocha (groin), WR Dante Pettis (foot), and CB K’Waun Williams (knee) as questionable.
- The Arizona Cardinals officially list S Budda Baker (knee), LB Deone Bucannon (chest), and WR Chad Williams (hamstring) as questionable for Week 15’s game.
Regarding Seahawks LB Mychal Kendricks (leg/knee) season-ending injury, HC Pete Carroll said he is looking forward to the future with him and said the team will keep the linebacker “with us.”
“He wants to be part of this thing so badly, but he doesn’t get to this time around. We’ll look forward to getting him back next time and keep him with us,” said Carroll, via Brady Henderson of ESPN.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll sounded encouraged about WR Doug Baldwin‘s progress from the groin injury that kept him out Monday night, but he was still noncommittal about his status for Sunday’s game: “Doug practiced late in the week and if everything goes well all the way up to game time, he has a good chance to play.” (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll also expects DT Jarran Reed and S Bradley McDougald to be ready to go. (Brady Henderson)
- Regarding LB K.J. Wright (knee), Carroll said he has a chance to be back for next week’s game against the Chiefs: “K.J.’s not quite ready yet but he’s going to go for it next week. We’ll see what that means. He’s practicing this week and got through it and feels great, so there’s a chance for him to return.”
- Carroll mentioned that RB Rashaad Penny will stay in Seattle and rehab this weekend and be reassessed for Week 16. (Bob Condotta)
- The Seattle Seahawks officially ruled out S Maurice Alexander (concussion), RB Rashaad Penny (knee), and LB K.J. Wright (knee) for Week 15 and list G D.J. Fluker (hamstring) as doubtful.
- The Seahawks also have WR Doug Baldwin (hip), S Bradley McDougald (knee), and DT Jarran Reed (oblique) down as questionable.