- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee writes that UT-San Antonio DE Marcus Davenport is “definitely” a possibility for the 49ers’ No. 9 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Barrows guesses that the 49ers’ draft board for pass rushers leads with NC State’s Bradley Chubb, followed by Davenport, LSU’s Arden Key, and Boston College’s Harold Landry.
- Barrows views Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds as another strong possibility for the 49ers since he is just 19-years old and has the skills to play multiple positions on defense.
- As for trading down from the No. 9 overall pick, Barrows could see the team considering a trade, given their next pick isn’t until No. 59 overall in the second round.
- Though Barrows expects the 49ers to be interested in free-agent WR Allen Robinson, he mentions that Sammy Watkins could be a better fit for San Francisco, considering he is not coming off a serious knee injury. Barrows adds that Paul Richardson, John Brown, and Taylor Gabriel could be some other names to watch for the 49ers.
- Regarding the contract situation for free-agent RB Carlos Hyde, Barrows says it’s “clear” the two sides are not close to agreeing to terms.
- Barrows believes that the 49ers will sign a cornerback in free agency and draft another in the early or mid-rounds of the draft.
- Mike Jurecki believes the Cardinals could offer Kirk Cousins a five-year contract worth over $145 million that would average up to $30 million annually with at least $90 million guaranteed in the first three years.
- Jurecki believes Arizona could move on from backup QBs Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert, who are both free agents.
- According to Jurecki, the Cardinals are interested in Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta.
- According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, free agent TE Jimmy Graham is not expected to be back with the Seahawks in 2018.
- Condotta reports that the Seahawks are talking to DL Sheldon Richardson‘s agents and hoping to get a deal done but it’s likely he’ll at least test the open market.
- Condotta believes re-signing CB DeShawn Shead could be a larger priority for Seattle after they said he could be used at safety.
- As for free agent S Bradley McDougald, Condotta considers him to be “just about a must for Seattle to re-sign.”
- With the Seahawks like to lose Graham in free agency, Condotta mentions that bringing back TE Luke Willson could be more of a priority.
- Seahawks WR Paul Richardson could be difficult to re-sign, according to Condotta, given that he’s one of the best deep threats in this year’s free agent class and Seattle may end up getting priced out in the end.
- Matt Barrows can see the Seahawks showing interest in 49ers free agent DE Tank Carradine now that they’ve traded DE Michael Bennett to the Eagles.
We have most of these players featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.