- ESPN’s Nick Wagoner writes that DB Jimmie Ward‘s price tag of $8.526 million and the fact that he’s unlikely to be a start for the 49ers in 2018 could lead to the team at least considering the possibility of trading him.
- Wagoner admits that he doesn’t see the 49ers actively shopping Ward, considering that they can afford to pay him this salary, but it’s possible they could move him for the right offer.
Cardinals QB Sam Bradford says he’s looking forward to getting some snaps in the preseason to get some awareness back.
“I think getting out there, especially after not playing a ton this past year . . . you can only simulate so much in practice,” Bradford said, via AzCardinals.com. “There is only so much live work you can get in practice, with people around you in the pocket, getting a feel for the pocket, feeling when the ball has to come out. Getting in there in the preseason and getting some of that awareness back, there is definitely some benefit to that.”
- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN writes that with Mike Glennon being the Cardinals clear No. 3 quarterback, it’s possible Arizona could look to trade him to a deal in need of a quarterback before this year’s deadline.
- Brady Henderson of ESPN writes that an Earl Thomas trade to the Cowboys “makes enough sense from each team’s perspective for it to be at least a decent possibility.“
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll tells 710 ESPN Seattle that he expects WR Doug Baldwin (knee) to be ready for Week 1. (Brady Henderson)
- Carroll also mentioned that he’s not sure if DE Dion Jordan will be available for the team’s regular-season opener