- According to Mike Freeman, the best guess from people around the NFL is that free agent WR Dez Bryant will get his wish to play for the 49ers. However, Freeman cautions that this isn’t a done deal by any means.
- As of now, Freeman says that everything is quiet from NFL teams and Bryant.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
Rams RG Jamon Brown announced on social media that he will learn from his mistakes that resulted in him being suspended for two games after violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
“I have always been taught that when you make a mistake you own up to it,” Brown said on Twitter. “I made a mistake eighteen months ago and I’ve been suspended 2 games by the NFL for that isolated mistake. I apologize to the Rams organization and coaches, my family, teammates, friends, supporters and all the Rams fans out there. I let you down. I am going to work extremely hard to show you that this one mistake is not who I am and will not keep me from reaching my personal goals or helping the LA Rams win a Super Bowl! I appreciate your continued support.”
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times mentions that a decision regarding the Seahawks signing free agent G J.R. Sweezy “may not be imminent” given that he could wait and see if other opportunities surface in the coming weeks.
- Condotta adds that Sweezy “won’t get close” to the four-year, $21,750,000 contract he got from the Buccaneers and there’s really no reason for either side to rush to finalizing a deal right now.