- Broncos HC Vance Joseph said of rookie RB Royce Freeman: “I think in the long-haul for the season, sitting him one more week may help. But we’ll see how he’s feeling tomorrow. He’s getting better really fast, so if he’s ready to go, he will go.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- Mike Klis says it doesn’t appear likely that the Broncos will activate WR Jordan Taylor (double hip surgery) from the PUP list by Monday, which means he’ll likely miss the entire 2018 season.
- The Denver Broncos officially ruled out WR DaeSean Hamilton (knee), LB Brandon Marshall (knee), CB Bradley Roby (ankle), and S Darian Stewart (neck) for Sunday’s game against the Texans and have RB Royce Freeman (ankle) listed as questionable.
- Broncos waived P Marquette King from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos activated S Su’a Cravens from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Broncos waived WR Isaiah McKenzie. (NFLTR)
- Broncos promoted WR River Cracraft to their active roster.
- The Los Angeles Chargers officially ruled out DE Joey Bosa (foot), DE Chris Landrum (hip), and LB Kyzir White (knee) for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks and have RB Melvin Gordon (hamstring) listed as questionable.
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out C Mitch Morse (concussion) and LB Frank Zombo (hamstring) for Sunday’s game against the Browns and have S Eric Berry (heel) listed as doubtful.
- The Chiefs also have LB Anthony Hitchens (rib) and LB Justin Houston (hamstring) listed as questionable for Week 9.
- Chiefs tried out three free agents including LB Marquis Flowers. (NFLTR)
Raiders HC Jon Gruden reiterated after Thursday’s 34-3 loss to the 49ers that they’re in the process of building a championship-caliber team.
“I’m just trying to get people excited about the Oakland Raiders,” Gruden said, via ESPN.com. “The Oakland Raiders is a great organization. I know it’s not looking pretty right now. I’ve heard a lot of negativity over the last six or seven months, and rightfully so. But we’re going to build a championship football team here. I know a lot of people as players, as fans, just in general, want to be a part of this.”
- According to Mike Garafolo, some players for the Raiders have told him that they feel like Gruden has quit on the current team with the moves he’s made and this isn’t what they signed up for.
- Regarding DE Bruce Irvin‘s decreased snaps, Gruden said: “We’re a 4-3 team now, so in the base defense sometimes he doesn’t fit the role we need done. …He’s an edge rusher, + we haven’t had the lead a lot. …His role has been reduced. I know he’s frustrated. I’m frustrated. …He’s a good player.” (Scott Bair)
- Raiders rookie P Johnny Townsend, but Gruden says he expects him to turn it around soon: “I think he is overthinking things, with all of his directional punts. But I have seen him boom it. I have seen him be a difference maker. And hopefully he is here soon.” (Vic Tafur)