- Schefter adds that NFL sources are “convinced” that Harrison is “not responsible” for the trashed hotel room.
- Alex Marvez reports that a GM has informed him that Hopkins had left the room several hours before it was destroyed. A separate source mentioned that he’s “not really sure who did what in the room.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Hopkins’ agent, Hadley Engelhard, told him that “DeAndre had as much to do with it as you did.” Engelhard also said Hopkins had left the room six hours.
It appears as though the blame-game is already in full effect. While it’s hard to say what kind of impact this could have on either player’s draft stock, it certainly can’t help them. Hopkins is in the discussion to come off the board in round one, so I guess we’ll have to see what comes of the situation in the days leading up to the draft.
Ian Rapoport reports that the Vikings would like to move up for either a cornerback or a wide receiver.
- Rapoport mentions that Minnesota could still take Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o with their No. 25 overall pick.
- Rapoport add that the Chargers would like to trade out of the No. 11 spot if all of the offensive tackles are gone by the time they’re on the clock.
The Vikings were trying to re-sign CB Antoine Winfield before he elected to sign with the Seahawks, so it makes sense that they would consider moving up for a decent cornerback prospect. In fact, Mike Mayock believes there will be no cornerbacks taken in the first ten picks, so the Chargers could be someone to watch in regards to a potential trade.
According to Garafolo, Rolle filed a lawsuit against the surgeon, Craig Brigham, claiming that he botched spinal-fusion procedure and overall “negligence” that has resulted in “permanent neurological injuries.”
Jones was cleared by Brigham after concerns arouse that he was dealing with spinal stenosis. USC was unwilling to clear Jones, which ultimately resulted in him transferring to Georgia. It seemed as though this was beyond him, now that he had been cleared, but there’s at least some concern now that the surgeon is involved in this lawsuit.
Mike Mayock’s Press Conference:
- Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson is unlikely to be available to the Cardinals at No. 7 overall.
- Eagles could be a potential landing spot for Johnson.
- Mayock added that Johnson’s “Ceiling is unlimited. You might have a perennial All-Pro for 10 years.“
- Mayock doesn’t see any CBs being taken in the Top 10.
- Mayock compared California WR Keenan Allen to Anquan Boldin.
- He doesn’t believe West Virginia QB Geno Smith is a good fit for the Bills.
- Mayock sees Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as a future NFL starter.
- He mentioned that he loves Alabama OT D.J. Fluker, but can’t see him playing left tackle.
- Mayock has Houston CB D.J. Hayden listed as his top-rated corner, ahead of Dee Milliner and Xavier Rhodes.
- He referred to Michigan State DE William Gholston as an “intriguing” player who could go in the third round.
- Mayock doesn’t see Michigan State RB Le’Veon Bell getting out of the third-round.
- Mayock compared Florida State DE Bjoern Werner to Browns OLB Paul Kruger.
- He has Fresno State S Phillip Thomas as a third rounder, but believes he can be a starting free safety.
- Mayock mentioned that Texas WR Marquise Goodwin reminds him of Mike Wallace.