Here’s a collection of NFL Draft rumors for this afternoon.
Peter King of SI.com reports that the Bills are “seriously targeting” USC QB Matt Barkley.
Albert Breer mentioned he was hearing that Barkley could be an option for Buffalo in his draft rumors article Tuesday.
There has been a lot of momentum building for them to take Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib at No. 8 overall, but it’s hard to say which way they’re leaning given all of the smoke being circulated right now.
We have the Bills taking Nassib in the first-round of our 2013 NFL Mock Draft.
“But I think it’s just a matter of who takes me first, because I know the Eagles may want me, the Cleveland Browns may want me, the Buffalo Bills and the Jets,” said Manuel, via CSN Philly. “I think those are all sequential picks, you know what I mean, within those top 13 picks or whatever. I’m just hoping one team loves me, because really, that’s all you need, one team to fall in love with you.”
Geoff Mosher mentioned earlier in the day that Manuel could be taken in top 20 and adds that “no quarterback’s stock has soared more going into the final week of pre-draft workouts than Manuel.“
All of the buzz surrounding quarterback prospects could be an indication that a number of them will be taken in round one.
Clark Judge of CBS Sports reports that a source has informed him that the Falcons are trying to trade up for a cornerback specifically.
Judge mentions Alabama’s Dee Milliner and Florida State’s Xavier Rhodes as two possible targets for Atlanta.
This coincides with multiple reports that have suggested as much in recent weeks, but the it will be interesting to see just how high they’re willing to move up to get one of them. Milliner could go as early as No. 6 overall to the Browns, but there’s also been talk that his stock is dropping, which could leave him sitting outside of the top-ten. If that’s the case, it would make sense for the Falcons to make a move up into the early-to-mid teens for him.
Tony Pauline reported earlier in the day that the Falcons have “intense interest” in Boise State CB Jamar Taylor, so could end up being their backup option.
Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets have QB Geno Smith atop their QB rankings.
Earlier in the day there were reports that suggested that the Bills were worried that the Jets could take Ryan Nassib ahead of them, assuming that they passed on a quarterback at No. 8 overall.
Interestingly enough, things have been very quiet regarding Smith in recent days, so there’s a chance that teams could be trying to prop up other quarterbacks in an attempt to get Geno later in the draft. It seems as though everyone expects the Jets to take a receiver like Tavon Austin and an outside linebacker at pick No. 9 and No. 13.
NFL Draft Notes:
- The Jaguars “are taking” QB Ryan Nassib if he’s there at No. 33 overall. (Ian Rapoport)
- UConn LB Sio Moore is reportedly drawing “great interest” from the Ravens. (Tony Pauline)
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim mentioned that they will take the best player available and has a list of 7 targets. (Michelle Beisner)
- South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore mentioned that the 49ers, Rams, Patriots, and Eagles have shown the most interest in him. (Sports Radio Interviews)
- The Cowboys could target Oklahoma State RB Joseph Randle as a replacement for Felix Jones. (Charean Williams)
- The Eagles have been calling Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson “a lot recently.” (Jeff McLane)
- There’s a “good chance” the Vikings take a receiver with either the No. 23 or 25 overall pick. (Bob Holtzman)
- “There’s some chatter” that the Browns could move up for LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo. (Adam Schefter)
- Colts have reportedly done a lot of work on Florida State DE Tank Carradine. (Jason La Canfora)
- The Rams could trade up to secure WVU WR Tavon Austin. (Charley Casserly)
- The Lions reportedly “love” UNC G Jonathan Cooper’s versatility and athleticism. (Ian Rapoport)