Illinois DE Michael Buchanan told reporters on Wednesday that the Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest in him possibly playing 3-4 outside linebacker for them next season. (Geoff Mosher)
There’s been a lot of speculation that Chip Kelly and company are planning on making the transition to a 3-4 base defense next year.
Buchanan mentioned that he’s comfortable playing either system. He’s been one of a number of players that have improved their draft stock this week.
Florida DT Sharrif Floyd has reportedly been “generating a ton of buzz” in recent weeks. (Daniel Jeremiah)
Jeremiah adds that a “high ranking exec” actually guarantee that he would be taken in the Top 10.
Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan is expected to wait on undergo shoulder surgery until the NFL Combine. (Tony Pauline)
Jordan is considered one of the best pass-rushers in this year’s draft class, but a good showing at the Combine could guarantee a first-round selection.
Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib told WGR-AM on Wednesday that playing for the Buffalo Bills “would be a match made in heaven.” (BuffaloBills.com)
While some reports have suggested that Nassib could be on the Bills radar given that they hired Syracuse HC Doug Marrone, the Bills are reportedly “not as high on Ryan Nassib as most presume.” (Draft Insider)
NFL scouts have reportedly been “raving” about Purdue DT Kawann Short after his impressive week of practice at the Senior Bowl. (Bucky Brooks)
Scouts believe Short could have big impact in a “three-technique in a one-gap scheme” at the next level.
Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson has really improved his draft stock considerably this week and there’s been a lot of talk of him making his way into the first round. (Charlie Campbell)
Johnson met with the Colts on Wednesday. (Charlie Campbell)
Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson met with the Chargers, Seahawks and Saints on Wednesday. (Charlie Campbell)
Wilson helped his draft stock during this week’s practice and is in the discussion for the quarterback at the Senior Bowl.
- FIU S Johnathan Cyprien has generated a lot of buzz among scouts this week. (Lance Zierlein)
- Boise State CB Jamar Taylor has been a popular name at this year’s Senior Bowl. (Ian Rapoport)
- Scouts believe Syracuse OT Justin Pugh’s short arms could be a “major red flag.” (Daniel Jeremiah)
- USC S TJ McDonald is considered a “better version of Taylor Mays”. (Draft Insider)
- Washington CB Desmond Trufant is considered a “lock first round pick.” (Draft Insider)
- Fresno State S Phillip Thomas grades out as a second round pick. (Draft Insider)
- Michigan WR Denard Robinson grades out as a “last day pick.” (Draft Insider)
- Players who helped their draft stock this week include: Lane Johnson (Oklahoma), Ezekial Ansah (BYU), Leon McFadden (San Diego State) and Quinton Patton (Louisiana Tech). (Draft Insider)
- Players who have hurt their draft stock this week include: Chase Thomas (Stanford) and Braxston Cave (Notre Dame). (Draft Insider)