ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Tuesday’s NFL Live that NFL team’s opinions of Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib are “all across the board.” Schefter adds that one team has actually Nassib graded as an undrafted free agent.
Meanwhile, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Nassib is “definitely in play” for the Bills at No. 8 overall.
Even as the draft draws closer, it appears as though no one knows what’s going to happen with the quarterback prospects this year, which should make for an extremely compelling first-round Thursday night.
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen mentioned during Tuesday’s NFL 32 that North Carolina G Jonathan Cooper could be an option for the Cardinals at No. 7 overall if they miss out on one of the top three offensive tackles.
Jason La Canfora continues to hear that LSU DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo connected to the Eagles “more and more.”
Albert Breer reports that the Eagles have narrowed their decision regarding the No. 4 overall pick down to four players. Breer adds that Philadelphia is likely to target a lineman in the first-round and lists Utah DT Star Lotulelei or Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan as potential options.
It still seems likely that they’ll consider trading back, but reports have indicated that they don’t want to move down too far.
Rich Cimini of ESPN New York reports that “multiple league sources” have informed him that the Jets are likely to take a guard and a pass-rusher with their two first-round picks.
Cimini lists UNC G Jonathan Cooper, Alabama G Chance Warmack and LSU DE Barkevious Mingo as potential options for them at No. 9 and No. 13 respectively. Cimini adds that Alabama CB Dee Milliner could be another option depending on what happens at the top of the draft.
NFL Draft Notes:
- Chiefs GM John Dorsey called Florida DT Sharrif Floyd to “check on him” Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu missed two team visits after getting sick last week. (Jay Glazer)
- Eagles reportedly “reached out” to West Virginia WR Tavon Austin on Monday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Tulane QB Ryan Griffin has conducted more pre-draft workouts than any other quarterback prospect in this year’s draft class. (Chris Mortensen)
- There’s “no way” Tavon Austin gets past the Rams at No. 16 overall. (CBSSports.com)
- The Lions are expected to consider a guard if they’re unable to trade back or if OTs Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher are unavailable to them at No. 5 overall. (CBSSports.com)
- Titans head coach Mike Munchak reportedly “very high” on UNC G Jonathan Cooper. (CBSSports.com)
- The Cardinals are “extremely high” on Alabama RT D.J. Fluker. (CBSSports.com)
- “Insiders” believe UNC DT Sylvester Williams would be the pick for the Cowboys in the first-round if Texas S Kenny Vaccaro isn’t available. (Tony Pauline)
- Texas S Kenny Vaccaro could be in play for the Saints at No. 15 overall as well. (Tony Pauline)