Gil Brandt of the NFL Network reports that there is a “lot of buzz” surround Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage.
Brandt mentions that “people will be surprised how high he goes in in the NFL Draft.”
In his first year with at Pitt, Savage completed 61.2 percent of his passes for 2,958 yards, 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions.
The Bills announced on Thursday that they met with Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland and Duke CB Ross Cockrell.
Breeland appears to have a lot of interest from NFL teams, which you’ll see below.
Cockrell is a two-time first team All-ACC selection and has totaled eight interceptions over the past two seasons at Duke. He also contributed an interception during the East-West Shrine game a few months ago.
Buffalo currently has Stephen Gilmore, Leodis McKelvin, and Corey Graham at cornerback, however, there is a chance that Graham could be moved to safety next year. If that ends up being the case, the Bills would certainly need some additional depth at cornerback.
Odell Beckham Jr.
Dan Pompei of the Bleacher Report, citing multiple front-office men, reports that LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. appears to be “solidly in place” as the No. 3 receiver in this year’s draft class.
Beckham Jr. has apparently impressed receiver coaches with his combine performance, which has subsequently led to his improved draft stock.
According to Pompei, Beckham has “separated himself” from Marqise Lee (USC) and Brandon Cooks (Oregon State) and could be drafted in the “late teens in the first round.”
Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that the Falcons reportedly are “very high” on Clemson CB Bashaud Breeland.
Pauline also reports that 49ers GM Trent Baalke had dinner with Breeland following his Pro Day “several sources” have mentioned that that the 49ers have “heavy interest” in him.
Breeland should be a very interesting cornerback to watch given that some evaluators have mentioned that he could come off the board at some point during the second round.
NFL Draft Notes:
- Miami OT Seantrel Henderson “quit” halfway through during his Pro Day workout on Thursday. (Chris Mortensen)
- Daniel Jeremiah hasn’t spoken to a single scout or executive who has Stanford G David Yankey as a top-100 player.
- Falcons worked out Liberty CBs Walt Aikens and Kevin Fogg. (Tony Pauline)
- Middle Tennessee State G Josh Walker worked out for the Ravens. (Baltimore Sun)
- Clemson WR Martavis Bryant had a pre-draft visit with the Lions Thursday. (Dave Birkett)
- Kansas State S Ty Zimmerman met with Falcons DBs coach Joe Danna (Vaughn McClure)
- Middle Tennessee State DT Jimmy Staten will visit the Chargers next week (Aaron Wilson)
- South Carolina WR Bruce Ellington has a pre-draft visit scheduled with the Cardinals. (Kent Somers)