Here’s some of the stories that didn’t get as much coverage:
- Former draft bust, Bobby Carpenter, follows Bill Parcels to Miami – per Ethan Skolnick of theSouth Florida Sun-Sentinel
- Adam Schefter tweeted that “Seahawks RB Julius Jones saved his job by taking a pay cut. The plan, which multiple people confirmed, was to cut him. Paycut saved job.”
- Seattle adds Michael Robinson, Raheem Brock and Junior Siavii to their final 53 man roster – via seahawks.com
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have claimed LeGarrette Blount off of waivers from the Titans – per Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean.
- Mike Tomlin has announced that the Steelers will start Dennis Dixon in week 1 – via ESPN.com
- The Green Bay Packers had the most players claimed off of the waiver-wire. Spencer Havner (Lions), Cyril Obiozor (Cardinals), Kregg Lumpkin (Bucs), Anthony Toribio (Chiefs) and Evan Dietrich-Smith (Seahawks)
- The Chargers signed J.T. O’Sullivan after he was released by Cincinnati – via ProFootballTalk.com
- The San Fransisco 49ers have released Nate Davis in order to make room for Troy Smith – via ProFootballTalk.com
- The Packers have decided to part with Allen Barbre after reaching an injury settlement with him.