Here’s a collection of random news and rumors regarding possible transactions that could take place in the coming days.
- ESPN AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky highlights a report from Chris Mortensen in which he mentions that both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Miami Dolphins have done their “due diligence” regarding so to be released QB Vince Young.
- Vick’s agent Joel Segal discusses the idea of a longterm contract agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles.
“I think a long-term deal is something both sides would covet. I will talk to Joe Banner and explore that,” Segal said. “I think Mike is amenable to it. He’d look forward to it. (He) loves Philly, loves the fans. He’s a big Marty (Mornhinweg) fan, Andy Reid fan. If the Eagles are interested, we’re definitely interested.”
- Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune takes a look at some players that the Seahawks could be considering. The most notable players that Williams mentions are: Tyson Clabo, Barry Cofield, Aubrayo Franklin, Robert Gallery, Santonio Holmes, Kevin Kolb, Vonte Leach and Sidney Rice.
- Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Ricky William’s agent Drew Rosenhaus informed him that Williams would like to remain with the Dolphins
- Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune writes that Minnesota Vikings will have a hard time re-signing WR Sidney Rice considering that they are going to be over the salary cap by $5 million. Zulgad mentions that re-signing LB Chad Greenway to a more cap-friendly deal makes sense as well as cutting WR Bernard Berrian.
- Grant Cohn of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that LB Takeo Spikes will “almost certainly” return to the 49ers.
- Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that Ravens FB LeRon McClain could end up in Kansas City if the Ravens choose to pass on him in the coming days.