Here are some random notes for Monday:
- Jason LaCanfora tweets that the Cincinnati Bengals have decided to bring in Justin Hartwig and Dexter Jackson for workouts.
- Adam Schefter reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have signed FB Owen Schmitt and Garret Mills a day after veteran fullback , Leonard Weaver, injured his ACL.
- Dave Birkett of Detroit Free Press reports that the Lions have signed cornerback Nathan Vasher. The team decided to wait on signing him until the season started to ensure that they weren’t on the hook for the veteran guarantee.
- NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell commented on the recent talk that the players may decertify the union by saying: “If there is no union who you negotiate with, that is an issue, they have to determine whether they are a union or not a union.” If the union chooses this route than they are basically at the mercy of the owners to write the rules.
- The Houston Texans have brought in defensive lineman Adewale Ogunleye and Bobby McCray for workouts after the horrible injury to Conner Barwin during this Sunday’s game. per – Adam Schefter