Here are some of the day’s smaller headlines:
- Ted Ginn Jr will reportedly miss the next few weeks because of an MCL sprain in his knee. This news comes from Matt Maiocco of Comcast Bay Area.
- Miami Dolphins first-round draft pick, Jared Odrick, will be out for reported six weeks due to a broken fibula. per Jason La Canfora
- Kansas City Chiefs president, Denny Thum, has decided to resign after 36 years with the franchise. via – ProFootballTalk.com
- The Chicago Bears placed middle-linbacker Hunter Hillenmeyer on IR today. He suffered a concussion during the teams third preseason game against Arizona. Hillenmeyer was cleared to play against the Lions this weekend but ended up leaving the game after becoming ill. via ESPN’s Kevin Seifert
- Adam Schefter tweets that the Seattle Seahawks have placed Max Unger (guard) on IR and release Kennard Cox (corner-back). The Seahawks also had Leroy Hill (line-backer) re-instated by the NFL.
- The Houston Texans have brought in some defensive-line help after losing Conner Barwin for the season. The Texans have signed Adewale Ogunleye and Ryan Denney. This report comes from John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.
- David Clowney has re-signed with the New York Jets despite recently working out for the Kansas City Chiefs. – per Adam Schefter
- Indianapolis Colts wide-receiver Anthony Gonzalez will miss the upcoming game because of a high ankle sprain. – per Adam Schefter