Here’s a collection of the latest new and rumors.
- Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Cincinnati Bengals RT Andre Smith could be out for the remainder of the NFL season after he suffered a broken foot during Wednesday’s practice.
- One day after being released by the Miami Dolphins, Jason La Canfora reports that Jason Allen has landed with the Houston Texans who are in desperate need of defensive help.
- Tony Dungy reiterated that he is not interested in returning to coaching but left the possibility some what open by saying, “I kind of expect to be contacted by everybody who has an opening now, just to see if you’re interested,” Dungy told The Dan Patrick Show. “And I guess I probably would do the same thing if I was in that situation. I’m not interested. But you never know what’s gonna happen or who’s gonna call.”
- For the second straight season Aaron Kampman torn his ACL and will be out for the season. Huge blow to the Jacksonville Jaguars who will now have to find someone that can rush the passer effectively.
- Brett Favre gave us the latest update on his future by saying that he has no plan of pursuing a new contract after this season. It will probably be best for us to take the wait and see approach regarding Favre.
- Hank Gola of the New York Daily News mentions that the strained pectoral injury that WR Steve Smith suffered yesterday could keep him out for the rest of season. As of now it appears that he will be out at least one week.
- Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel makes the argument that the Miami Dolphins may end up playing Tyler Thigpen if they fall out of the playoff chase to see if he has a future with the team or if they should target a quarterback in the 2011 draft.