Home / Buccaneers / NFL News & Rumors: Britt, Rams, Colts, Packers, Bush
NFL News & Rumors: Britt, Rams, Colts, Packers, Bush
- No body had a better game than Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt did on Sunday. Despite his breakout performance, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Jeff Fisher has yet to rule out benching Britt for week 8’s game against the Chargers. Britt was involved in a bar fight days before Sunday’s game.
- Rams running back Steven Jackson underwent surgery on his finger today. Jackson tweeted “yes, I had surgery on my ring finger but I shouldn’t miss a beat. I’m not married so I’m covered there too.” As of now the injury doesn’t appear to severe enough to keep Jackson out of Sunday’s game against Carolina.
- John Oesher of Indianapolis Colts Examiner was able to get a few comments from Indianapolis Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez’s status for week 8. “I saw that little report. I have no idea what that is. No tweaking. Nothing. I have no idea where it came from.” This would be good news for the Colts given the numerous injuries that they are currently dealing with.
- Speaking of injuries, Adam Schefter reports that the Green Bay Packers have placed two more players on IR today, LB Brady Poppinga and DT Mike Neal. Neither was supposed to be a starter this season but given the number of players that they have already lost their depth is pretty limited at this point. Moves will have to be made in the coming days.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have parted with TE Jerremy Stevens after he was arrested for possession of marijuana with the intent to sell. Stevens has had off the field trouble past which may be the reason that other teams will stay away from him.
- James Varney of the New Orleans Times-Picayune mentions that Reggie Bush has said that he plans on playing this weekend despite not being 100%. X-rays have revealed that the fracture to his leg has healed quite well.
Tags Anthony Gonzalez Brady Poppinga Jerremy Stevens Kenny Britt Mike Neal Reggie Bush Steven Jackson