Home / Broncos / NFL News & Rumors: Broncos, Packers, Dolphins, Panthers
NFL News & Rumors: Broncos, Packers, Dolphins, Panthers
- Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post wrote yesterday that one of the reasons why the Denver Broncos have been reluctant to re-sign Champ Bailey could be because of how the things played out with Elvis Dumervil. “Denver generously gave Elvis Dumervil a contract extension with more than $40 million guaranteed,” Kiszla writes. “And what’s the first thing the linebacker did? He got hurt. I can’t help but think Doom’s bad luck now hurts Bailey’s quest to get paid.”
- The Green Bay Packers traded for S Anthony Smith after their loss to the Miami Dolphins. The Jacksonville Jaguars will receive a conditional draft choice in 2011 for Smith.
- One other Packers note, the Packers placed Jermichael Finley on IR yesterday ending his season.
- The Miami Dolphins have rewarded WR Davone Bess with a three-year contract extension worth $9 million per Jason La Canfora. The Dolphins also made the decision to release Bobby Carpenter.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Houston Texans will be without DeMeco Ryans for the remainder of the season after he torn his Achilles tendon during Sunday’s game. The Texans may have to look at an in-house option since there aren’t many available MLB on the market.
- The Tampa Buccaneers have lost RB Kareem Huggins for the season after he torn his ACL in Sunday’s loss to New Orleans. Looks like more carries for Cadillac Williams, LeGarrette Blount, and Earnest Graham.
- Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox announced that the team will start Matt Moore at quarterback for their upcoming game against San Francisco.
Tags Anthony Smith Bobby Carpenter Cadillac Williams Champ Bailey Davone Bess DeMeco Ryans Earnest Graham Elvis Dumervil Jermichael Finley John Fox Kareem Huggins LeGarrette Blount Matt Moore