Home Bears NFL News & Rumors: Eagles, Jaguars, McGahee, Bears, Stafford
- Jason La Canfora reports that Eagles DeSean Jackson was not cleared to return practice which makes it more likely that he will miss this weekends game.
- The injuries to both David Garrard and Trent Edwards has forced the Jaguars to add some depth at the quarterback position. Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union reports that the team has signed Todd Bouman and Adam Schefter is reporting that they have also signed Patrick Ramsey.
- Despite being mentioned consistently as a trade target, Willis McGahee will remain with the Baltimore Ravens. Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun writes that the Ravens will get McGahee more touches in the coming weeks but the exact time-share isn’t known.
- The Chicago Bears made the decision to move on without DE Charles Grant according to the Chicago Tribune. The Bears have signed Barry Turner off of the practice squad to replace Grant.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press is reporting that the Matthew Stafford plans on taking all of the first-team snaps during this weeks practices which is a positive sign for his status on Sunday.
- Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini said today that Colt McCoy will likely be the teams starting quarterback this Sunday, per Pro Football Talk.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have also indicated that Kevin Kolb will start Sunday’s game against Tennessee which will give Michael Vick another two weeks to heal, via PhiladelphiaEagles.com.