Home / 49ers / NFL News & Rumors: Friday 12/27
NFL News & Rumors: Friday 12/27
- Bears signed K Robbie Gould to a four-year contract. (NFLTR)
- WR Earl Bennett could out for Week 17’s game against the Packers. (Rich Campbell)
- Bears worked out DB Terry Hawthorne this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- TE Tyler Eifert is listed as doubtful for Week 17.
- TE Jermaine Gresham is listed as questionable for Week 17. (Joe Reedy)
- QB Thad Lewis will start Week 17’s game against the Patriots. (NFLTR)
- QB E.J. Manuel has been ruled out for Week 17. (NFLTR)
- Contract details regarding DT Alan Branch‘s extension with the Bills. (NFLTR)
- WR Stevie Johnson did not practice on Friday.
- RB Fred Jackson is listed as questionable for Week 17.
- Bills placed S Aaron Williams on season-ending injured reserve.
- Bills signed WR Cordell Roberson to their active roster.
- WR Wes Welker has been ruled out for Week 17 and still hasn’t been cleared from concussion. (Mike Klis)
- DC Bill Sheridan seemed to suggest that DE Da’Quan Bowers will undergo knee surgery this offseason. (ESPN.com)
- HC Bruce Arians confirmed that OLB John Abraham will play in Week 17. (Darren Urban)
- RB Ryan Mathews returned to practice on Friday. (Tom Krasovic)
- WR Dwayne Bowe has been ruled out for Week 17.
- OLB Tamba Hali has been ruled out for Week 17.
- Cowboys placed QB Tony Romo on season-ending injured reserve Friday. (NFLTR)
- QB Tony Romo underwent back surgery Friday morning. (NFLTR)
- WR Dez Bryant returned to practice on Friday.
- RB Daniel Thomas is listed as questionable for Week 17.
- TE Tony Gonzalez is listed as probable for Week 17.
- RB Jacquizz Rodgers has been ruled out for Week 17.
- DE Justin Tuck “sounded Thursday like someone about to play his final game” with his current the team. (NFLTR)
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul has been ruled out for Week 17. (Paul Schwartz)
- G Brandon Mosley is undergoing surgery on his broken hand. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- WR Rueben Randle returned to practice on Friday. (Jordan Raanan)
- RB Andre Brown is listed as probable for Week 17.
- RB Peyton Hillis is listed as probable for Week 17.
- Jaguars signed DT Sen’Derrick Marks to a four-year, $22 million extension. (NFLTR)
- RB Maurice Jones-Drew is expected to start in Week 17. (Florida Times Union)
- RB Mikel Leshoure mentioned that he would like to be “somewhere they’re going to feed me the rock and I can go eat, man.” (Detroit Free Press)
- WR Calvin Johnson did not practice on Friday.
- WR Calvin Johnson is listed as probable for Week 17. (Tim Twentyman)
- RB Joique Bell is listed as probable for Week 17.
- Lions signed DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah to their active roster.
- Lions placed DL Israel Idonije on season-ending injured reserve
- OLB Clay Matthews underwent surgery on his thumb and is currently without a timetable. (Jason Wilde)
- WR Randall Cobb looked like “a guy who might be playing sooner, rather than later” during Friday’s practice. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel)
- QB Aaron Rodgers and RB Eddie Lacy are both listed as probable for Week 17.
- RB Eddie Lacy returned to practice on Friday. (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers signed CB Jumal Rolle to their active roster.
- Patriots waived WR Austin Collie.
- RB Shane Vereen put in a limited practice on Friday.
- WR Josh Boyce has been ruled out for Week 17.
- WR Kenbrell Thompkins put in a limited practice on Friday.
- WR Tavon Austin will be a game-time decision in Week 17. (Jim Thomas)
- RB Daryl Richardson is listed as doubtful for Week 17.
- RB Ray Rice is listed as questionable for Week 17.
- WR Torrey Smith is listed as questionable for Week 17.
- Seahawks are expected to activate CB Walter Thurmond III from the reserve/suspended list this weekend. (Liz Mathews)
- WR Percy Harvin is listed as out for Week 17.
- Seahawks waived CB Perrish Cox.
- Texans placed FB Brad Smelley and TE Garrett Graham on injured reserve
- RB Dennis Johnson is listed as questionable for Week 17.
- Texans signed RB Chad Spann and TE Phillip Supernaw to their active roster.
- RB Adrian Peterson is listed as doubtful for Week 17.
- RB Toby Gerhart has been ruled out for Week 17.
- RBs Matt Asiata and Joe Banyard are expected to handle the workload in Week 17.
- WR Cordarrelle Patterson is listed as probable for Week 17.
Tags Aaron Rodgers aaron williams Adrian Peterson Akwasi Owusu-Ansah Alan Branch Alterraun Verner Andre Brown Austin Collie bernard pollard Brad Smelley Brandon Mosley Calvin Johnson Chad Spann Clay Matthews Colin Cole Cordarrelle Patterson Cordell Roberson Da'Quan Bowers Daryl Richardson Dennis Johnson Dez Bryant Dwayne Bowe E.J. Manuel Earl Bennett Eddie Lacy Emmanuel Sanders Fred Jackson Garrett Graham Israel Idonije Jacquizz Rodgers Jason Pierre-Paul Jermaine Gresham Joe Banyard John Abraham Joique Bell Jonathan Stewart Jordan Cameron Jordan White Josh Boyce Jumal Rolle Kenbrell Thompkins London Fletcher Mario Manningham Matt Asiata Maurice Jones-Drew Mikel Leshoure Nnamdi Asomugha Percy Harvin Perrish Cox Peyton Hillis Phillip Supernaw Randall Cobb Ray Rice Robbie Gould Rueben Randle Ryan Mathews Sen'Derrick Marks Shane Vereen Steve Smith Stevie Johnson tamba hali Tavon Austin Terry Hawthorne Thad Lewis Toby Gerhart Tony Gonzalez Tony Romo torrey smith Tyler Eifert Walter Thurmond III Wes Welker