Home Bengals NFL News & Rumors: Packers, Raiders, Favre, Cowboys
- The Green Bay Packers have placed Nick Barnett on IR today ending his 2010 season. The team also announced that they have signed DE Michael Montgomery.
- Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the NFL has decided to suspend DE Antwan Odom of the Cincinnati Bengals for violating the leagues banned substance policy. Odom will be suspended for four games.
- Brett Favre mentioned yesterday that he would be willing to sit out if it was the best move for the team. Favre remains a game-time decision for week 6’s game against the Dallas Cowboys because of the elbow tendonitis that he has been dealing with. The overall consensus is that he will play this weekend despite his elbow trouble.
- Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Raiders will likely go with Jason Campbell as the teams starting quarterback for Sunday’s game. Bruce Gradkowski remains unlikely to play because of an injury so this isn’t exactly a huge endorsement of Campbell’s ability to lead the team.
- Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News writes that the Dallas Cowboys could be without first-round pick Dez Bryant for this weekend’s game because of a lingering ankle injury that he suffered before the start of the NFL season. The Cowboys will need all of their weapons for this weekends game against the Vikings. The Cowboys are currently 1-3 so this is as close to a most win game as any.